Krista's Jewellery

Krista's Jewellery
Krista's Jewellery

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Sunday!

I can't believe I am saying this but I am actually happy that when I look out the window I see a grey, dreary day. Since I cannot go outside and spend the day in my garden I can curl up with my heated blanket and make new jewellery pieces.

Next weekend I will be in the Exchange Uporium in Winnipeg from 11:30am to 1:30pm. I will be restocking the display and greeting customers who enter this amazing store that is a wonderful place to see over 40 vendors under one roof. This will be my first volunteer shift and I am very excited! I worked in retail for eight years while I went to high school and then university. I have now worked in an office for five years and am looking forward to a three hour shift in a cool, fun boutique! So today, I am working on some new pieces to add to the shop.

I am also creating new pieces for this year's flea market season. The flea market in Onanole, MB started this weekend but unfortunately I won't be at it until July. I am hoping to be set up for July 5th at it. I always love this sale! There are so many people around perusing all of the vendors items. There is a great selection of produce, garage sale items, handmade wooden furniture, fresh baked goods, jellies, jams, jewellery and handmade crafts! As this is my third year being a part of it I am looking forward to seeing all of the usual vendors as you make some great friends! My goal is to be at the flea market at least once a month if not twice.

I hope everyone is having a great Father's Day. I spent the day yesterday with my mom who raised my brother and I by herself. She is the most amazing and strong person that I know. Every year I buy her flowers on Father's Day as she has always been two parents in one for my brother and I. Happy Father's Day to all of the amazing fathers out there and to the mom's who were two parents in one!

Have a great Sunday everyone! I am going to get back to creating and will have some new pieces in the etsy shop shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment